- RSS Channel Showcase 2911850
- RSS Channel Showcase 2939596
- RSS Channel Showcase 1429941
- RSS Channel Showcase 3386311
Articles on this Page
- 11/25/18--10:03: _Re: Create an Arrow...
- 11/25/18--10:06: _Re: Create an Arrow...
- 11/25/18--10:11: _Re: how do i make s...
- 11/25/18--11:13: _Re: element 3d rend...
- 11/25/18--11:43: _How can i rig a cha...
- 11/25/18--11:45: _Re: Vector animatio...
- 11/25/18--11:55: _Re: Create an Arrow...
- 11/25/18--12:39: _Re: Create an Arrow...
- 11/25/18--12:44: _Render and crashing...
- 11/25/18--14:33: _Using Premiere Pro ...
- 11/25/18--14:37: _When color keying d...
- 11/25/18--14:44: _Re: When color keyi...
- 11/25/18--14:56: _Stationary elements...
- 11/25/18--15:06: _Re: Cinema 4D Lite ...
- 11/25/18--15:27: _Re: When color keyi...
- 11/25/18--15:54: _Re: Particles with ...
- 11/25/18--16:18: _Issue with video clips
- 11/25/18--16:24: _Re: Composition wil...
- 11/25/18--17:31: _Re: Issue with vide...
- 11/25/18--17:47: _Re: element 3d rend...
- 11/25/18--10:03: Re: Create an Arrow in AE
- 11/25/18--10:06: Re: Create an Arrow in AE
- 11/25/18--11:13: Re: element 3d render issue
- 11/25/18--11:43: How can i rig a character on front walk cycle?
- 11/25/18--11:55: Re: Create an Arrow in AE
- 11/25/18--12:39: Re: Create an Arrow in AE
- 11/25/18--12:44: Render and crashing problem in AE
- 11/25/18--14:33: Using Premiere Pro modified assets in After Effects project
- 11/25/18--14:37: When color keying doesn't work in certain areas
- 11/25/18--14:44: Re: When color keying doesn't work in certain areas
- 11/25/18--14:56: Stationary elements in 360 video?
- 11/25/18--15:06: Re: Cinema 4D Lite Saving Rendering
- 11/25/18--15:27: Re: When color keying doesn't work in certain areas
- 11/25/18--15:54: Re: Particles with synthesia
- 11/25/18--16:18: Issue with video clips
- 11/25/18--16:24: Re: Composition will not start where the Current Time Indicator is.
- 11/25/18--17:31: Re: Issue with video clips
- 11/25/18--17:47: Re: element 3d render issue
Thanks for the reply. I´m a beginner but I know some about how to use keyframes. I can create a shape layer in AE and have a line (created by the pen tool) to "grow/move" the way I want by adding a trim paths to the layer and put 0% to the start keyframe and 100 % to the end key frame. But this doesn´t work with arrows created in AI. The just disappear or doesn't show at all.
Thanks, I checked that out before but its easier to create arrows in AI and if I can use them in AE I think I want to stick to them. Otherwise, I ´ve to learn according to the video....
ok thank you and the 2nd camera was just a miss click
Are u on a retina or ore-retina MBP?
If Retina the spec would be up to par with 8-18gig RAM
Non retina....hmmm time to upgrade
Check the video copilot blog page
I will forward your query to Andrew Kramer at VC
Will update u when I can
Just like this => Front Walk Cycle Animation with After Effects
Thank you! I imported rendered 4k file to AE and it looks good there...so as I understand unless I buy a 4k monitor, I will not be able to check quality of my 4k projects in Media Players like Quicktime.
While AE is very capable for creating arrows, Illustrator is the shape drawing champ.
jans, have you looked into how to convert AI layers into AE Shape Layers? Or how to copy and paste an AI object to an AE Shape Path or AE Mask Path?
hi Warren, thanks for the comment.Yes, I've converted AI-layers and created AE- shape layers , but not "copy and paste an AI object to an AE Shape Path or AE Mask Path". I´ll try that.
Found this video:
Hello. So I recently upgraded my RAM (now have 16gb) and also my processor from an I5 to an AMD I8 processor and I still use my Radeon 560 graphics card. But my AE project (about 45 second of some graphics with a couple of 3D layers and cameras as well as effect such as, emboss, inner shadow, and bevel) has problems when I render certain frames when I try to preview it and sometimes will crash when doing so. And will also crash sometimes when I try to render certain layers to speed up the process. I've heard using an SSD might help but I wanted to know if there was something else I could do to resolve all this before I purchase anything else. Any input would help. Thank you!
Hey everyone! How are you??
I came here to ask for a bit of help with an issue I'm having. I read a lot online and tried to find what I'm doing wrong, or if it's not possible, or if I'm not working in the right way.. with no luck.
I usually work in PP without problem, I add assets, correct and modify them, create timelines, add music, etc. Everything's ok. The problem is, I sometimes download some AE templates I want to add to my timelines, and want to modify them with the Images and Vids I've already modified/corrected in PP.
Is that possible? I mean, I can add the raw assets to the AE project and use them.. but I want to use the ones modified in PP, with all the color correction/grading done, trimming, etc.
When i use the eyedropper in keylight 1.2 to key out the black in the letterboxed area of the trailer the program won't key the color out. However it will key out color within the movie itself. i want to key out the black letterboxing so I can put a picture behind it, however the program won't allow me to do it. Any solutions? I could make a picture vignette, however I want to know why the color key fails inside the letterboxed area. What makes those pixels so different that they can't be colorkeyed?
You're trying to key BLACK? With footage that's had the bejeezus compressed out of it? You're lucky to have your current results.
You may want to blow off keying and try Rotobrush instead to isolate the subject.
Im diving into 360 video and it’s pretty hard to find up-to-date resources on the subject. I would like to add elements into a 360 video that stick to the viewing window, instead of living in the environment.
So instead of having an element stick to a specific area in the environment and forcing the viewer to aim at the element to view it, I would like to add an element that sticks to the window and can’t be avoided. To give you a better idea, I’ve captured some video of text message banners and I’d like them to appear at the top of the screen regardless of where the viewer is pointed so it feels more realistic.
Also, if anybody has any resources or tips specifically related to editing footage captured with the 360Fly it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Real slick, Rick. Theres a fine quote that sums up your comment.....
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
Why don't you just mask the letterbox out with a rectangular mask?
I finally made the whole particle thing work but unfortunately the rendering time for the 4min video is around 200h, which is absolutely crazy. Does anyone have a real solution for reducing the rendering time without making the quality worse? I've watched many youtube tutorials on this topic and nothing helped till now...
I installed the program yesterday. The first thing i added to my proyect was an audio clip, worked fine. But the problem appeared when I added the video clip, it had colours like green and pink, like showed in the picture. What should I do? The good thing is that when I encode the composition to download it, in the preview i can see the colours are fine (and when i have the file in my local disc it looks ok, too), which leads me to think the issue is in the program, and not in my PC.
I went to Proyect settings- Color settings- Blend colors using 1.0 gamma and Match Legacy After Effects QuickTime gamma Adjustments and I ticked both boxes, but nothing happened.
What i did is that i opened the Preview panel (aka what’s on the right of your screen) where the arrows are to go from frame to frame, play button, beginning to end, press the one that goes to the next frame, and press the play button (center) then it should play from the Time Indicator. Then it goes back to normal. I hope this helps. I also had this problem and i had just figured this out! Also have After Effects CC 2017
Try that: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2562730
Here are the layers I'm using - not many, although the "SM" model has multiple extruded parts, and a plane with a stone shader and bump. The two other E3D shapes (car and ball) are somewhat complex imported .obj files. The two precomps are just the toy car, the ball, and two spot lights. Again, the whole thing renders and plays in 1/4 res, just with the UFO's popping in and out.