- RSS Channel Showcase 8646965
- RSS Channel Showcase 9116956
- RSS Channel Showcase 5279243
- RSS Channel Showcase 7158397
Articles on this Page
- 11/28/18--17:15: _Re: Expressions que...
- 11/28/18--17:24: _Re: Photoshop anima...
- 11/28/18--17:55: _Issue with 360 Vide...
- 11/28/18--18:14: _Re: Motion Graphics...
- 11/28/18--18:15: _AE 2019 - Can't ope...
- 11/28/18--19:54: _Re: 2019 After Effe...
- 11/28/18--20:24: _Re: AE 2019 - Can't...
- 11/28/18--21:36: _3D objects error in...
- 11/28/18--22:00: _Re: 3D objects erro...
- 11/28/18--12:15: _Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--16:44: _Re: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--20:59: _Re: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--22:49: _Re: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--23:02: _Re: Dope color effect
- 11/29/18--00:38: _Re: POSSIBLE FOR AN...
- 11/29/18--00:58: _Re: AE: 1 compositi...
- 11/29/18--01:02: _Re: Mocha AE 2019 c...
- 11/29/18--01:30: _Re: After Effects 2...
- 11/29/18--01:31: _Re: AE 2019 - Can't...
- 11/29/18--01:34: _Visible movement co...
- 11/28/18--17:15: Re: Expressions question
- 11/28/18--17:24: Re: Photoshop animations into After Effects
- 11/28/18--17:55: Issue with 360 Video and GPU Acceleration error (AE 2018)
- 11/28/18--18:14: Re: Motion Graphics Template Import Error...
- 11/28/18--18:15: AE 2019 - Can't open or create new projects.
- 11/28/18--19:54: Re: 2019 After Effects CC Keeps Crashing
- 11/28/18--20:24: Re: AE 2019 - Can't open or create new projects.
- 11/28/18--21:36: 3D objects error in 3d space
- 11/28/18--22:00: Re: 3D objects error in 3d space
- 11/28/18--12:15: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--16:44: Re: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--20:59: Re: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--22:49: Re: Dope color effect
- 11/28/18--23:02: Re: Dope color effect
- 11/29/18--00:38: Re: POSSIBLE FOR AN OBJECT TO BE A LIGHT SOURCE
- 11/29/18--00:58: Re: AE: 1 composition in project goes black
- 11/29/18--01:02: Re: Mocha AE 2019 can‘t apply tracking data to another layer
- 11/29/18--01:30: Re: After Effects 2019 Crash when open a project
- 11/29/18--01:31: Re: AE 2019 - Can't open or create new projects.
- 11/29/18--01:34: Visible movement controls are not appearing
This helps a ton, thanks so much. As before I'll need to digest this and get back to you.
I see you in the video clicking on the layer to select it, I've been trying that, the copy in edit menu is still greyed out.
I tried to select all, and also select all frames and copy into new file, but that doesn't copy the smart object. I don't know.
Also, do I need to convert my frame animation to a video timeline before converting to a smart object?
And when I convert to a smart object do I need all the layers eye icons turned on? (When you create a frame animation then only one frame has the eye icon on)
Having some issues with 360 video on my PC at work. Works fine on my Macbook, which is an older machine.
On the PC: Adding any effect to 360 Video in After Effects 2018 gives me the common error "This effect requires GPU Acceleration." I cannot fix this under Project Settings, as the options are greyed out. Only option available is Mercury Software Only.
NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (is listed as supported by AE...but perhaps not for 360?)
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1650 0 @ 3.20GHz
Specs for Mac:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
I checked the benchmarks between the two cards and this one is far better than my Mac...no real surprise there. What else could be the issue?
I work at a school, so it could be an admin issue?
The Mac does have two cards...so perhaps that's why it works there?
As mentioned above, is the Quadro supported for everything else BUT 360?
Any help is appreciated!
Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
First time CC subscriber, unfortunately not going too well!
I cannot open any projects or create new projects with AE 2019.
If I choose open, sometimes the file dialog pops up for a split second and then disappears, usually no dialogue at all.
Same happens with trying to create a new project.
Sometime I get lucky and a project will open, but adding to render queue always crashes cc - and then I cannot open the project again.
Obviously this makes AE completely unusable.
Mac OS 10.13.3 - freshly installed, no previous CC versions on this machine.
I've sent in a crash report about every 3rd time it crashes and prompts me too (1 out of 3 times it doesn't.) And I've filled out what happened and included my email each time. Here are my system specs:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-Core 3.50 GHz
64-Bit, x65-based processor
MSI GeForce RTX 2070
OS and current version:
Windows 10 Pro - Version: 1803
Here's the crash log from a few minutes ago:
I can't thank you enough to giving up your time to look into this issue. Thank you. If there's anything else I can provide that could help get to the bottom of this I'm happy to do so.
Make sure you are not opening the render engine.
I am having a huge problem with 2d objects within a 3d space in after effects:
My composition is about one character in the middle of the 3d space and a lot (no less of 40)of 2d and 3d (thanks to the 3d element plugin from videocopilot) objects spinning around him, like some kind of twister. So, some are text, some are images, and they are passing in front and behind the subject in the middle. HERE IS MY PROBLEM:
Some objects (2d and 3d) are being visible when they are supposed to be behind the character. WHY IS THAT? ANY IDEA?
Please help with this, it's driving me nuts.
Almost certainly a layer hierarchy issue, but you haven't given us enough info to determine that properly. Post a screenshot of your timeline, with clear idea of which of your layers use Element 3D.
Are you using multiple Element 3D layers? This may be the main issue. Element creates its own 3D world within each layer it is applied to, and that world does not fully interact with other Element layers, or with After Effects' own 3D environment.
So, you may have Element layer 1's object 1000 pixels behind Element layer 2's object, but because layer 1 is on top of layer 2 in the AE timeline, layer 1 will always appear on top of layer 2, regardless of their respective 3D position.
This is also true for AE 3D layers - they won't interact with Element's 3D objects either.
Create as many objects as possible within one iteration of Element 3D. You can have up to 8 groups of separately animatable objects within Element (if memory serves me correctly).
Use depth mattes and/or restricted depth rendering to hide underlying objects between layers.
Use masks to hide underlying objects.
My best guess is that this was done with several layer masks in After Effects. It looks like the tree house and the trees at the bottom may have been masked together. But even then, I see the color yellow added in the window. So this may have involved several layer masks with color adjustments to each layer.
I think what you're looking for is Colorama in After Effects
Duplicate the video so you have two copies. On the front copy, mask out the background that you want to change the color of (in this case, you'd just be left with house and the trees.) On the back copy, use the colorama effect and map brightness to the color map of your choice You can even animate the color map to get some psychedelic effect or something.
Definitely Colorama, as explained above.
Guys ar correct. Just simple roto (mask on background and colorama effect on it.
Thank to all of you for all of theses possibles solutions !
I was sure it was a very simple trick but sometimes it the most difficult to find because seems obvious for the majority
Anyway...thanks again !
I have narrowed it down:
It is the comp "0_bankdame" in my "6_Ulla_AE" comp that makes playback unavailable.
This happens, when I in 0_bankdame put rasterize on my "arm 1" layer (which already has "fx" (puppet tool)).
So I guess, being totally ignorant, that rasterize on a fx layer is a big nogo at all times?
It's the same problem with the french version. After reinstalling in english, Mocha correctly paste the corner pin keyframes.
Oh I'm sorry for that! Next time I'll try to be more clear
Thanks a lot for your time!
what is your PC spec? maybe you have limited RAM.
Hard one to explain, but when I click on an element on the renderer, there are no visible movement controls that previously would appear surrounding the element and allow me to drag and move the item. Instead, when I double click on an element, a blue box surrounds the renderer screen. Its really weird..
I also tried editing a layer in 3d so I check the 3d layer attribute, but I still cant move the elements in that layer. In a youtube video (7:45) i have been following, when the user clicks on the 3d layer option, an axis appears on the the element, and it can be enlarged and moved.
However no such axis appears when I check the 3d layer option. Do I need to enable it somewhere in the options?