- RSS Channel Showcase 4544729
- RSS Channel Showcase 9016628
- RSS Channel Showcase 1102318
- RSS Channel Showcase 6269994
Articles on this Page
- 12/08/18--09:44: _After Effects freez...
- 12/08/18--09:53: _Re: AE CC 2018 ridi...
- 12/08/18--09:56: _Re: AE CC 2018 ridi...
- 12/08/18--10:02: _Re: What's up with ...
- 12/08/18--10:05: _Re: My Ae file i wa...
- 12/08/18--10:07: _Re: After Effects e...
- 12/08/18--10:23: _Re: AFTER EFFECTS T...
- 12/08/18--10:26: _Re: AFTER EFFECTS T...
- 12/08/18--12:19: _Black background du...
- 12/08/18--13:01: _Re: How can I decre...
- 12/08/18--14:07: _How to make warped ...
- 12/08/18--15:36: _Re: Black backgroun...
- 12/08/18--15:37: _Re: How to make war...
- 12/08/18--15:40: _Re: Black backgroun...
- 12/08/18--15:44: _Re: AFTER EFFECTS T...
- 12/08/18--15:48: _Re: How to make war...
- 12/08/18--15:56: _Re: My Ae file i wa...
- 12/08/18--15:57: _Re: Error en After ...
- 12/08/18--15:58: _Re: How to make war...
- 12/08/18--16:07: _Re: AE CC 2018 ridi...
- 12/08/18--09:44: After Effects freezing / crashing working on 360 VR content
- 12/08/18--09:53: Re: AE CC 2018 ridiculously slow
- 12/08/18--09:56: Re: AE CC 2018 ridiculously slow
- 12/08/18--10:02: Re: What's up with AE's Distribute layers?
- 12/08/18--10:05: Re: My Ae file i was just working on now says its a pdf
- 12/08/18--10:23: Re: AFTER EFFECTS TEMPLATE
- 12/08/18--10:26: Re: AFTER EFFECTS TEMPLATE
- 12/08/18--12:19: Black background during transitions
- 12/08/18--14:07: How to make warped text move along a path in Ae?
- 12/08/18--15:36: Re: Black background during transitions
- 12/08/18--15:37: Re: How to make warped text move along a path in Ae?
- 12/08/18--15:40: Re: Black background during transitions
- 12/08/18--15:44: Re: AFTER EFFECTS TEMPLATE
- 12/08/18--15:48: Re: How to make warped text move along a path in Ae?
- 12/08/18--15:56: Re: My Ae file i was just working on now says its a pdf
- 12/08/18--15:57: Re: Error en After Effects, Pantalla verde Random
- 12/08/18--15:58: Re: How to make warped text move along a path in Ae?
- 12/08/18--16:07: Re: AE CC 2018 ridiculously slow
I recently started working with the immersive video tools and am experiencing frequent crashes where After Effects freezes and writes out huge log files with the following extension: “log.dmp.full.” The log files are anywhere between 4 – 26 GB! I suspect the log files keep getting written to and growing until I force quit After Effects.
The crashing usually occurs during preview, but not always (one time it occurred as I was initiating a render in Media Encoder). I am not working with 360 video, but regular equirectangular images from still panoramic shoots or, in some cases, CGI generated equirectangular renders. The crashing occurs with images ranging in size from 3000 x 1500 16bit tifs to 8bit PNG’s at a paltry resolution of 1000 x 500. So I don’t think memory or size is an issue. I also have my cache set to 495GB on a separate SSD and have noticed that when the crashing occurs, my cache still has ample space depending upon when it was last cleared. I have Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA) enabled.
My system is a Windows 10 box with 64 GB RAM and two GTX 1080 Tis and one GTX 780. Two monitors are hooked into one of the 1080 Ti’s and a small third monitor is attached to the 780.
I figured I would post on forums first before contacting Adobe directly to see if any one else is experiencing such issues. I plan on utilizing the 360 features a lot in the coming weeks but need to know I can depend on a steady work flow with these tools. I moved several of the GB sized crash files to a separate drive in case I need to somehow get those to Adobe. But right now anytime AE crashes in this way I need to immediately navigate to the CRLogs directory and delete the file or my system will soon run out of hard drive space.
this isn't a fix sorry, it's about more then fonts
I agree it's not a fix. AE should be running faster on my machine than it is, and clearly something else is going on. But at least I've found a couple of things which have helped reduce the severity of the problem. The font issue was definitely a problem by itself, because previously clicking into a text box would freeze AE completely for at least ten seconds.
Oh, wow!!! Thanks!
I'm seeing this too. A collaborator shared his folder structure in Creative Cloud. Every one of the seven projects that he shared with me has this error, only on my system. There are no PDFs anywhere in the Creative Cloud Files folder. There are very few AI files, I suppose that might be part of the problem...
I've heard it might have something to do with the folder structure being too deep (paths too long), but he and I both have the assets in the same folder structure (~/Creative Cloud Files).
I've heard it might be because there are special characters in the file names but that happens when you're going from Mac to PC, and he and I have the same Macs.
I'm seeing this behavior too, on a shared Creative Cloud folder. My collaborator and I have the same Mac and the same folder structure.
There a a lot of animation presets for text, as well as other animation presets.
VideoHive has free items each month. They have had a lot of free AE templates for text animations.
Scroll down here to see December's freebies:
I just recently got AE (last night) and I'm currently learning a whole lot. I'd say I've gotten pretty good at transitions and overlays, but one thing I cannot for the life of me find out is, during a transition where clip A zooms out and clip B zooms back in, how do I get rid of that black background while waiting for the clips to take up the screen? I'm sure I've done a bad job at explaining this but there has to be a way and I can't find it on my own. Any help is appreciated!
For those who are also having difficulty with opening full-res compositions: create a new project, import the old project, right-click on the desired composition and go to Composition Settings. You can change the resolution there, and then safely open it.
Hello, I have a few words that I have warped to form a word cloud shape (basically a few words that make the shape of an animal) in Ps. I would like to animate these text layers in Ae so that they move along a path. I have tried to make the path and then wrap the text in Ae, but it comes out distorted and weird-looking.
Is there any way to do this to a text that has been warped? Sorry if this is confusing, but it's hard to explain. Thank you!
Instead of asking a question that has been asked thousands of times -- and deserves no answer, incidentally -- I recommend you spend the time it takes to learn the application:
You may want to highlight the text layer and go to the top of the interface and select/Layer/Create/Covert to editable text and see if you have better results.
Decide what you want underneath the transitioning layers (instead of black) and place the item underneath the layers in your timeline.
If you have bridge installed you can go to the top of the interface and click Animation/Browse presets. Bridge will open with a bunch of previews of text and other built in pre-sets.
After viewing the presets you can apply them from your effects/presets panel.
My layers are rasterized, so Ae won't let me convert them into editable text.
I honestly have no clue. There weren't a ton of AI files but there were some. My group is all on the same kind of mac also and we are all on the same version of After Effects and Illustrator.
Eso funciono para mi!!!!
Gracias por el aporte, soy bastante nuevo en este tema y me resulto muy útil
If you want the entire shape to animate I would suggest Puppet Pin.
When you get the animal shape animated then pre-compose Attach a null, then animate the position of the null or draw a vector path with a shape layer or mask, copy it, then paste it to the position property of the null. Now your animated animal will follow the3 path.
A screenshot would really help us help you...
What I don't get is why it runs well on some systems and not on others. We ought to do some sort of system spec comparison.
I have seen AE 2019 running like lightning on some pretty low powered computers and like glue on much higher spec ones. I don't think we will find a solution from within After Effects by tweaking window layout, memory allocation or fonts etc.
One member posted earlier that he noticed that in some ways After Effects isn't struggling at all, it is just not making the CPU work. Are any of your CPU's actually being fired up during rendering? And while the interface and previews are sticking like glue, is you computer fan going wild? If not then something is stopping After Effects accessing resources. They should surely be maxed out no?
Clearly no other software has this issue, so it is still Adobe's fault, but it isn't a global problem across all users on all machines so there has to be some sort of conflict between some system set ups and After Effects. Sorry this isn't a solution but as we are no closer to a fix we ought to start looking in other places.
Would any of you consider doing a demanding render or editing session and looking at the CPU usage?