Articles on this Page
- 12/21/18--17:07: _Re: Animating Line ...
- 12/21/18--18:08: _Stabilize Motion no...
- 12/21/18--18:40: _Re: After Effects -...
- 12/21/18--19:33: _Strange Shape Maski...
- 12/21/18--21:26: _Re: Animating Line ...
- 12/21/18--21:37: _Re: Strange Shape M...
- 12/21/18--21:59: _Re: After Effects D...
- 12/21/18--22:09: _Re: Rendering H.264...
- 12/21/18--22:18: _Re: Template Will N...
- 12/21/18--22:38: _Re: Stabilize Motio...
- 12/21/18--23:07: _Re: Rendering H.264...
- 12/21/18--23:46: _Re: Animating Line ...
- 12/22/18--01:19: _Re: Template Will N...
- 12/22/18--02:12: _Re: How to create s...
- 12/22/18--04:15: _Re: Template Will N...
- 12/22/18--04:30: _Re: Template Will N...
- 12/22/18--04:35: _Re: How to create s...
- 12/22/18--04:57: _HELP!! Current Time...
- 12/22/18--05:21: _Re: Template Will N...
- 12/22/18--05:37: _Re: After Effects D...
- 12/21/18--17:07: Re: Animating Line with 3D Tracking Help
- 12/21/18--18:08: Stabilize Motion not working
- 12/21/18--18:40: Re: After Effects - footage is green in the preview??
- 12/21/18--19:33: Strange Shape Masking Behavior
- 12/21/18--21:26: Re: Animating Line with 3D Tracking Help
- 12/21/18--21:37: Re: Strange Shape Masking Behavior
- 12/21/18--21:59: Re: After Effects Distribute Layers failing
- 12/21/18--22:09: Re: Rendering H.264 / MP4 in Media Encoder - Large Output
- 12/21/18--22:18: Re: Template Will Not Save to Library
- 12/21/18--22:38: Re: Stabilize Motion not working
- 12/21/18--23:07: Re: Rendering H.264 / MP4 in Media Encoder - Large Output
- 12/21/18--23:46: Re: Animating Line with 3D Tracking Help
- 12/22/18--01:19: Re: Template Will Not Save to Library
- 12/22/18--02:12: Re: How to create shortcut for "Convert Vertex Tool"
- 12/22/18--04:15: Re: Template Will Not Save to Library
- 12/22/18--04:30: Re: Template Will Not Save to Library
- 12/22/18--04:35: Re: How to create shortcut for "Convert Vertex Tool"
- 12/22/18--04:57: HELP!! Current Time Indicator was not moving in the preview (CS6)
- 12/22/18--05:21: Re: Template Will Not Save to Library
- 12/22/18--05:37: Re: After Effects Distribute Layers failing
Did this test for you. Line remained perfectly crisp throughout the cam movement. No particles used. The line was a simple pen line drawn.
I will upload the vid tomorrow as its 3am here and I need to get some sleep
I'm new to AE so bear with me if my lingo is off.
I have a clip in Premiere (I'm using CS6 for both products). The whole clip is about 11 minutes long, but with the in/out points, I'm using only about 1 minute. I use dynamic linking to edit it in AE. In AE I drag the clip down into the timeline, then click Stabilize Motion in the Tracker panel. It selects my only source track by default. My in/out portion of the file seems to be "selected" with the work area already. I position the track point over an object on the ground. The clip was something I shot on a tripod, but it was windy and so there's just a small amount of jiggling in the clip (sturdy tripod and head, but a 600mm equivalent lens). I click "Analyze" and let it go. It takes about 8 minutes. That seems slow, but I wait. After it's done, I click Apply. However, the video then disappears from the window above. If I double-click the clip in the timeline below, it reappears. Regardless of whether I click Apply or not, when I then click Preview, the stabilizing is NOT working. The slight jiggling is still in the clip. Also, after saving my work, when I go back to Premiere, the clip there is black, too (like after I clicked Apply in AE).
So, why am I not seeing the footage stabilized and why isn't it appearing back in Premiere?
I had a similar problem. I recommend going to File>Project File and change the Mercury GPU Acceleration to Mercury Software Only. Hope it works!
Can anyone explain why After Effects is doing this?
Click this link to see a video of the issue.
Just looking at your shot I would probably motion stabilize the shot so there is no motion in the shot, then just draw a path the way you want it to be, then add a null and tie the position of the null to the Anchor Point of the motion stabilized shot, then parent the path and the stabilized shot to the null. This will put the motion back into the footage and add the camera motion to the shape layer.
I think it might be a lot easier than trying to do some camera tracking. I would have to actually see the shot to be sure.
i test same situation i didn't face any problem, try to share same project you work on so we test it,
anyway also try to restart you AE and purge all RAM and disc cache, go to edit/purge/All Memory and disc cache
Did you try to restart your AE and purge all RAM and disc cache, go to edit/purge/All Memory and disc cache
Yes it will work on newer version of AE and you must use level 6.0 or higher or unrestricted level.
Thanks, Dave it was all working fine the day before. Any guidance out there on re-setting preferences? I’ve never had to do that before.
I'd export the one-minute clip from PP in a good intermediate codec, import into AE and stabilize. Dynamic Link isn't one of Adobe's most bulletproof features.
That is right. If my screenshot was misleading (that was made to show "where" not "how")- sorry. Of course profile 5 is to low to use higher resolution. To do that you have to go higher.
Rick Gerard I was wondering why the OP camera tracked with 3D points when I saw the pics. I also would just motion track but like u said it’s difficult to make the call without seeing the shot. Maybe it needs stabilization etc.
OP can u upload a small clip showing us the shot plz
It's not a error at all, AE just let you know that the using font is not from adobe (adobe font) Typekit library so you can ignore this message (click OK) and it will not affect your work, and if you don't want to see this message again you simply unckeck this box,
or use a adobe font.
Note: adobe font was typekit before
Great !! Thank you very much Sir
Thanks Oussk. Yes, I have had that message many times and normally when I click on 'OK' it completes the process. This time when I clicked on 'OK' it closed the template process as though I'd just clicked on 'cancel'.
Bizarrely, after spending a long time on trying to fathom out what was going wrong yesterday, I open PPr this morning and the templates I created yesterday are there (in fact several times over where I'd tried to re-save them or tried tests!) I'm not complaining, but I don't like it when Ae or PPr stops doing what it oughta, then starts up the next day all hunky dory with no rhyme or reason...
So it look like the issue was gown after restarting your PC Congratulation!!
and if you will hold the command/control key over your existing point you will get also the pin- tool.
Current Time Indicator was not moving in the preview (CS6) with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Its hard to work without this function
As I said, bizarre. I’m sure I did a restart (normally my 1st or 2nd go to action when a problem pops up). I assume it was a dynamic link issue. c’est la vie...
To Mo: I will try resetting my preferences if that's where we're at (will have to do it Monday when I'm back in). Admittedly, as it's working with other layers, I will be surprised if it changes anything. But who knows.
To OssK: I cleared my disc cache and restarted. I even rebooted the machine for good measure.
Thank you both for taking the time to try to help me with this.