Articles on this Page
- 01/02/19--13:26: _Re: Most efficient way
- 01/02/19--13:35: _Re: Video editing: ...
- 01/02/19--13:54: _"No openCL platform...
- 01/02/19--13:57: _After Effects to Me...
- 01/02/19--14:58: _Re: No audio when p...
- 01/02/19--15:12: _Re: After Effects t...
- 01/02/19--15:17: _Re: After Effects t...
- 01/02/19--15:27: _Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--15:28: _Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--15:51: _Re: Don't work adju...
- 01/02/19--15:57: _Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--16:03: _Re: No audio when p...
- 01/02/19--16:08: _Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--16:20: _Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--16:26: _Re: After Effects S...
- 01/02/19--16:37: _after effect Shortc...
- 01/02/19--17:45: _Re: after effect Sh...
- 01/02/19--17:53: _Re: AE rendering su...
- 01/02/19--18:03: _Re: How can I solve...
- 01/02/19--18:21: _Windows 10 + Sudden...
- 01/02/19--13:26: Re: Most efficient way
- 01/02/19--13:57: After Effects to Media Encoder
- 01/02/19--14:58: Re: No audio when previewing.
- 01/02/19--15:12: Re: After Effects to Media Encoder
- 01/02/19--15:17: Re: After Effects to Media Encoder
- 01/02/19--15:27: Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--15:28: Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--15:51: Re: Don't work adjustment layer from AE to Pr (Dynamic Link)
- 01/02/19--15:57: Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--16:03: Re: No audio when previewing.
- 01/02/19--16:08: Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--16:20: Re: glitching prewiew
- 01/02/19--16:26: Re: After Effects Stuck Off Screen
- 01/02/19--16:37: after effect Shortcut key error
- 01/02/19--17:45: Re: after effect Shortcut key error
- 01/02/19--17:53: Re: AE rendering suddenly so slow
- 01/02/19--18:03: Re: How can I solve OpenGL commands problem?
- 01/02/19--18:21: Windows 10 + Sudden 86 1 Error
That kind of artwork is always done better in Illustrator. If you have to stick with Photoshop, make several images. For the first one take the original large image and save a copy that is no larger than 3X the main comp size. Now go back to the original image and crop it so that it includes about the same area as your smaller image would include when it is at 100% scale and framed up properly so that you can cut from the small master to the cropped master and not see the cut. Repeat as many times as necessary until you have an image that is set to the final detail area you want to show in the comp at 100% scale. This is about the only way you are going to be able to efficiently work with this kind of a project.
Another consideration - Line thickness. If your original image is 10 X the width of the video you are trying to create (main comp size) then a line that is less than 10 pixels thick in the original artwork will almost completely disappear in the comp if you show the entire image. If the line is going to be moving then it must be at least 20, or even better 30 pixels wide in the original artwork if you are going to keep it from flickering as it moves when you are looking at the entire image. These are the design challenges you face when trying to move in on a large illustration.
I usually solve the problem by designing the large artwork that needs to be seen at full screen at about 2X comp size to let me do a little movement, then create separate overlays for the other text and graphics at the appropriate size for their hero positions. Then I use transitions to bring the detail artwork into view. It takes a little planning but produces much better and more watchable results in the long run.
I hope these suggestions help.
These all sound editing problems to me. AE can create a dynamic background but you'll want to do the editing in Premiere Pro. You should consider using some kind of screen recording software for your screen capture. The more you spend the better the results will be.
After Effects is for creating motion graphics and visual effects. It is not a real-time or editing app so it is probably not at all suited to anything you are describing. Simply adding Photos to a video is easy to do in Premiere Pro, Subtitles are also fairly easy to add in Premiere Pro. Mixing audio is a Premiere Pro or Premiere Pro/Dynamic link to Audition workflow if the audio is very complex. Removing audio is nothing more than turning off the audio track in the PPro timeline.
Expect to spend about a week learning how to use Premiere Pro efficiently enough to create that kind of explainer video. Expect to spend several months learning how to Efficiently use After Effects to do much more than create a simple title or graphic.
I just got a GTX 1060 6gb card and can't get after effects to work with it when using video copilots orb plug in.
My drivers are update to latest version, my cpu does support SSE 4.2 and my system requirements are what they should be.
Intel 5-7400 3GHz, 16gb ram, windows 10
I have added the cards in the raytracer_supported_cards I have run GPUSniffer. And I have google for answers for a couple of days now.
What should I do to fix it?
I'm trying to save an after effects file as a video. It's the first time I've done it. But every time I try and import it either crashes my computer or the dynamic link connection fails (whatever that is). Any help would be very much appreciated. Finished the video before Christmas and it's getting really frustrating now!! Is there another way to export as a video without Encoder?
In Prefs if you choose audio hardware then choose the drop-down for Default Output do you see your headphones listed as a separate device in addition to your speakers or other output. If you do then you will have to select them there.
Good call. They said they'd chosen the right path so assumed this setting was correct but you never know.
You could render within After Effects render cue...
If it is your first time with AE exporting - look there: https://helpx.adobe.com/pl/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.html
Make sure that you have AE and AME from the same release installed.
Are your video card drivers up to date?
Can you tell us more about your project? Is this happening in ALL projects, or just a particular one? It sounds like it may be related to a certain kind of footage format vs AE itself.
its happening with every project i make
ive tried new footage
I would NOT use an adjustment layer to do that. I would animate a mask on the image, and animate on the other layers.
Using adjustment layers to do simple stuff like that is a very bad idea. They don't work well for the task.
I'll repeat, are your video card drivers up to date?
System info and screenshots of what's happening would be helpful for us to diagnose.
FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
I have it selected to the right path.
my drivers are up to date its also a fairly new pc
I paused it mid glitch as you can see the picture isn't fully formatted^
You might try a Windows update?
On an overall note, your machine is pretty underpowered for AE work, so it's likely not going to be a particularly smooth/pleasant experience.
I'm not overlooking a graphics card, correct? This would be onboard graphics, yes?
To clarify your earlier reponse - try creating a new project with NO footage. Create a basic animation using only solids, shape layers, and native AE text. Same issue?
I had this same problem this morning. The Option + Shift and drag window approach worked... but only just.
I can't believe it's 2019 and we have to deal with stuff like this from Adobe / Apple. Not expecting a fix anytime soon unfortunately
ctrl+e shortcut key inoperative after version update
I wonder if this function has disappeared since the update.
Sorry for the issue with the shortcut. What are the exact version numbers of both the apps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of the app you're using?
Have you tried the same function using menu bar > Edit > Edit Original? Is it working?
I am not able to recreate the same issue in my machine.
Glad it is working fine now, skipper_ri. Thanks for letting us know the status.
Sorry for the issue. Have you tried changing the Texture Memory in GPU info in Preferences? Here are the steps:
1. Go to AfterEffects Preferences > Previews > GPU Information.
2. Enter a value for Texture Memory of no more than 80% of the installed video RAM (VRAM) on your video card.
Please let us know the status after testing.
Hi! I'm out of my depth and in need of some help. TIA
I updated from windows 7 to 10 this morning, and I was able to work in an After Effects project file after turning off the real-time virus scan setting.
I worked in it for a few hours (but didn't try to render anything).
When I did go to render all my videos had missing footage placeholders, and now when I reopen the file, I get this message for all of my linked MP4 files.
I'm able to play the MP4 files on the system, but I can't import them into After Effects without the above error message.
I didn't deliberately make any changes around MP4 files that I know of. I have tried disabling more of the anti-virus to see if it helps.
Anyone else have this issue?