Articles on this Page
- 01/09/19--02:47: _Re: Weird discolora...
- 01/09/19--02:51: _Re: can no longer p...
- 01/09/19--02:52: _Can't move anchor p...
- 01/09/19--03:13: _Re: Can't move anch...
- 01/09/19--03:15: _Re linking content
- 01/09/19--03:20: _Re: Re linking content
- 12/19/18--02:23: _Different video lev...
- 01/09/19--03:41: _Re: Particles with ...
- 01/09/19--03:42: _Re: How to warp lik...
- 01/09/19--03:52: _Re: Can't move anch...
- 01/09/19--03:53: _Re: How to enable G...
- 01/09/19--03:56: _Re: Re linking content
- 01/09/19--04:12: _Re: Particles with ...
- 01/09/19--04:13: _Re: Can't move anch...
- 01/09/19--04:18: _Re: Unable to alloc...
- 01/09/19--04:43: _Renderzeit in After...
- 01/09/19--04:47: _Re: Extensions clos...
- 01/09/19--05:21: _Re: Can't move anch...
- 01/09/19--05:23: _Re: Can't move anch...
- 01/09/19--05:26: _Re: Can't move anch...
- 01/09/19--02:51: Re: can no longer play qt movs that were rendered in AE 6.5
- 01/09/19--02:52: Can't move anchor point with the Y key (layer below is selected)...
- 01/09/19--03:15: Re linking content
- 01/09/19--03:20: Re: Re linking content
- 01/09/19--03:41: Re: Particles with synthesia
- 01/09/19--03:42: Re: How to warp like puppet tool without puppet tool ?
- pre-compose, auto trace, and then get rid of the pre-comp in the main comp
- 01/09/19--03:53: Re: How to enable GPU acceleration
- 01/09/19--03:56: Re: Re linking content
- 01/09/19--04:12: Re: Particles with synthesia
- 01/09/19--04:18: Re: Unable to allocate 0.002MB of memory
- 01/09/19--04:43: Renderzeit in After Effects
- 01/09/19--04:47: Re: Extensions close right after I open them
In most - yes but not in all of them so that is why I'm giving several of them and in that exact order.
a and b - because it even if it will not work - it is aways good to be up to date, and specially if you have f. eg. AE 16.0 (october 2018 release) - it is recommended to update to 16.0.1 (december release) becaue that small update was the one that was targetting that green/purple color distiortion
c - because it helps most times
d - last because it is most time consuming but it helps always when all other solutions fails, and it is always much better and faster to work with good intermediate codecs in AE and not with CPU intensive mp4/h264 files
a) mcdb files are not a mov files - mcdb files are PPro cache files or to be more specific a links to source footage that PPro use for not caching multiple times the same source file.
b) so to find out if you can play your old mov files you have find your mov files not mcdb files
c) Dave is right - Adobe is removing/removed obsolete QT support Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs
If you are sure that you have mov files (not mcdb) and you can't play them in newest AE you can:
- use previous AE version
- convert your old files (with AME or any other converter) to some other more modern codec that is compatible with AE
I know how to move the anchor point of an object, it's Y key and drag the anchor point.
But since a little while, when I try to move an anchor point that is outside of an object (but above an other), when I want to clic on the anchor point to drag it, it select an other layer.
It's like if the anchor point is not selectable, and the layer that is below is selected.
Any idea ?
If that happends - that is weird. If you have your anchor point outside of an object and above other - you should be able to move your anchor point without any issues.
But without going throug with trying to figure out what is happening in your composition you can always quickly go back to your anchor point being in the middle of your layer. For that:
- select your layer
- double tap on pen behind tool while pressing CTRL on your keyboard - that should put anchor point in the middle of your layer
- or if you wish to move your layer to your anchor point - double tap without CTRL
I've been working on a project with lots of assets like PSD \ AI \ images etc, and now I would like to copy the entire project folder, so I can make changes but still keep the first project intact. The problem is that everything is still linked to the first folder so I cannot make any changes..
You can create an independent copy of the entire project and its assets using the Collect Files tool.
during the tests to move from CC2014 to CC2018 in our production environment, we came across a strange behaviour when importing footage into After Effects.
The specific file is a DNxHD 185x (Codec-ID QT 2005.03) mov. When imported into AE CC2014, the levels seem ok, there is no clipping to be seen on the scope. The very same file imported into CC2018 shows a heavily clipped scope view. The same behaviour applies to Premiere (thats where the screenshots come from). The levels differ throughout the clip.
1. Is this related to the introduced native Quicktime-Importer?
2. Can this be fixed with settings in AE or PP? The tickbox "Quicktime Gamma Fix" does not help, nor does a specific preset in the colour space.
3. I tried importing via Adobe Media Encoder fiddling with the Video Limiter options, but I am not sure I get correct results, or at least the same results as in CC2014.
4. When exporting (from AE) and then importing into Avid Media Composer, both files a treated differently. The CC2018-file is automatically adjusted with an automatic level scaling, while the CC2014-file isn't. The target colour space used in our facility is rec709.
How can I get this right? Any help is appreciated!
Best regards and happy xmas,
First frame of the clip, CC2014 (left) compared to CC2018 (right)
Frame 75 of the clip, CC2014 (left) compared to CC2018 (right)
Colour Adapter-effect in Avid Mediacomposer, automatically applied to CC2018-clip.
When importing two files with REC709 colourspace (one MXF XDcam, one QT MOV DNxHD) the results differ as well. The MXF file shows the same levels on CC2014 and CC2018 while QT mov is different. I tried to select a colourspace in the project to correct the level but this applies to both files resulting in a wrong level with the MXF. My next move would be to use a LUT on the specific MOV, but I want it to correct from Rec709 to Rec709 which is of course quite silly.
Nachricht geändert durch Silvan Scheiner
I just opened the mask to show you the yellow line all over the keyboard
I am experiencing the same problem.
Can anyone explain in details what it means to do the option 1?
I couldnt get it to work with bodymovin.
But it doesn't work ...
Even with a right clic on the layer, and >Transform>Center Anchor Point in Layer Content, nothing is happening ...
The only way is to de-activate all the others layers ... so boring.
But maybe there is a secret option checked, or unchecked that I don't know ...
To turn on GPU acceleration you have to:
Go to "File>Project Settings" and enable Use: Mercury GPU Acceleration
As for usin GPU in SLI as was said before - AE is not to good with SLI and will not use it and to be honnest - do not need it. AE is mostly CPU intensive so most of semi decent GPU in single mode will work moslty on 20-50% of power avaliable.
Thank you Dave!
My problem, in having added particles, was that I don't know why but Synthesia adds a colored line over the keyboard when I changed the bars color like red or yellow.
Today I just remade a Synthesia video with green bars and the colored line all over the keyboard is magically disappeared so I don't know if this happens only to me.
Now it works as it must.
Just I don't understand why if I create a video with different bars color than green my video gets a colored line all the over the keyboard that produces the added particles.
Did anyone get that kind of issue before?
Did you try rebooting (turn of/on)) AE?
Did you try to clear cache (Edit>Purge>All Memory and Cache)?
Do you have any shy layers in your composition?
I'm using After Effects cc2018 and CC2019 on a iMac Pro with the same error, everytime when I save/close a project - See screenshots
Would be great to get fast reply and a solution for this unbelievable error.
wir haben eine HP Z840 Workstation welche 2x Xeon CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz mit 12 Kernen und 2x Titan X (SLI Verbund) verbaut hat.
Diese Workstation braucht genau so lange zum Rendern einer Demo Datei mit zwei Effekten wie ein Notebook welches einen Intel i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz mit 4 Kernen und folgenden Grafikkarten Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA Quadro M1000M verbaut hat.
Wie kann das sein?
Die Z840 ist mittlerweile im 4ten Jahr und soll aufgrund Garantie getauscht werden.
Aber aufgrund der Werte muss die Hardware ja gar nicht so gigantisch sein, wenn man mit schlechterer die gleichen Werte erzielt.
Durch was erhält man schnellere Renderzeiten?
Danke und Beste Grüße
Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt while it was loading didn't bring any dialog up!!Would you suggest me get another version maybe 2017?
Yeah I know adobe extensions don't need that registery thing but I also added an external extension so it was the same it didn't open neither.I have also an older version off AE CC v12 I think and I doesn't have window->extension at all.Where extensions support by that release?
Yes, I reboot the computer, AE, and clear all memory and cache ...
But nothing happening
Try to make separate new project and fresh composition and try to recreate that situation with 2 simple layers/solids. If everything will work as it should - we will know that it is not AE issue but composition issue.
Ok, everything works perfect on CC18, but not on CC17 ...
I don't know why because I use more often CC17, and everything worked very well so far ...