- RSS Channel Showcase 2701714
- RSS Channel Showcase 4570452
- RSS Channel Showcase 1176184
- RSS Channel Showcase 3334282
Articles on this Page
- 11/19/18--09:39: _After Effects 16.00...
- 11/19/18--09:41: _Re: Workflow and wo...
- 11/19/18--09:48: _Force perspective t...
- 11/19/18--09:52: _Applying effects st...
- 11/19/18--09:58: _Re: Morph flat imag...
- 11/19/18--11:06: _Re: How to copy key...
- 11/19/18--11:56: _Re: Applying effect...
- 11/19/18--12:24: _Cant see the compos...
- 11/19/18--12:26: _Re: Cant see the co...
- 11/19/18--12:44: _Re: Cant see the co...
- 11/19/18--12:52: _Re: Applying effect...
- 11/19/18--12:54: _Re: Morph flat imag...
- 11/19/18--12:57: _Re: How to copy key...
- 11/19/18--13:04: _Re: Dynamic Link AE...
- 11/19/18--13:07: _Re: Applying effect...
- 11/19/18--13:09: _Re: Cant see the co...
- 11/19/18--13:35: _Re: How to copy key...
- 11/19/18--14:09: _Re: Zoom above 400%...
- 11/19/18--14:59: _Re: Zoom above 400%...
- 11/19/18--14:59: _Re: Workflow and wo...
- 11/19/18--09:39: After Effects 16.00 wont render
- 11/19/18--09:41: Re: Workflow and work-arounds for 16-bit and multiple outputs?
- 11/19/18--09:48: Force perspective to reset after a cut in AfterEffects/Premiere
- 11/19/18--09:52: Applying effects stop after less tha 40 sec
- 11/19/18--09:58: Re: Morph flat image to globe
- 11/19/18--11:06: Re: How to copy keyframes and their effects to new timeline layer?
- 11/19/18--11:56: Re: Applying effects stop after less tha 40 sec
- 11/19/18--12:24: Cant see the composition?
- 11/19/18--12:26: Re: Cant see the composition?
- 11/19/18--12:44: Re: Cant see the composition?
- 11/19/18--12:52: Re: Applying effects stop after less tha 40 sec
- 11/19/18--12:54: Re: Morph flat image to globe
- 11/19/18--12:57: Re: How to copy keyframes and their effects to new timeline layer?
- 11/19/18--13:04: Re: Dynamic Link AE Premiere broken CC 2019
- 11/19/18--13:07: Re: Applying effects stop after less tha 40 sec
- 11/19/18--13:09: Re: Cant see the composition?
- 11/19/18--13:35: Re: How to copy keyframes and their effects to new timeline layer?
- 11/19/18--14:09: Re: Zoom above 400% Grayed Out
- 11/19/18--14:59: Re: Zoom above 400% Grayed Out
- 11/19/18--14:59: Re: Workflow and work-arounds for 16-bit and multiple outputs?
Im wondering if someone might be able to help. Im trying to render from an after effects file which a month ago was working fine. Here what happened;
Firstly, the file crashed on both my mac's upon loading. I installed the most recent abobe and mac updates and then file would then open on my laptop. However, its now working very slowly, will freeze and not render or save. I tried opening after effects 16.0 on its own and got an error message saying the cache folder was not big enough, so i cleaned the cache and changed the folder size to 10g in the preferences. I also cleaned my whole machine or duplicate files, unnecessary programs etc using mackeeper. I now have 75g free space on my hard drive. I tried opening previous versions of the file and the same thing happens. However, I still not can render the file.
Here are my specs:
After effects 16.0
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
How can I get after effects to render? I need this file to work so i can make changes for a client.
Many thanks for your help,
Hi Dave Merchant. Per your note RE: uncompressed':
I don't understand why you're caught up about rendering "uncompressed". Your 8bpc H.264 copy will by definition be much lower fidelity, so even at the best quality settings any pixel differences between the MP4 and the raw timeline frame will overwhelmingly be due to the H.264 compression itself.
There are no hangups here about it; it was an intermediate step in one of the workflows. I believe that if you re-read my post, you'll see that I'd like to avoid compressing the MOV twice, not the MP4. The current state of Adobe software, as far as I can tell, makes this either unavoidable or cumbersome.
Exporting from AE once to a mastering format, then transcoding the file into deliverables, is standard industry practice.
And again, if you re-read my post, you'll see that this is one of my ideal workflows.
Many studios work with ProRes intermediates for historical reasons but the results with the right flavors of CF/DNx will look exactly the same. If you need pixel-perfect replication then you always render an image sequence (EXR is the usual choice), but that's not something you can upload to InstaBook...
You're absolutely right. So how would you recommend that I get the two formats I need? Please ensure your method is scalable to 20, 30, 50 or more elements / deliverables that may or may not have audio. For your reference, I need at least 2 outputs for each element / deliverable: 1x MP4, 1x MOV at 16BPC CineForm. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Hy guys and gals,
I currently working on a project involving 360-footage. Edit is done, all is fine.
Client asks me if I could force the perspective to jump back to the default view(= looking at the product) after a cut, so the viewer/customer would not end up looking at an uninteresting part of the video after changing the perspective by himself.
Is there a "reset to 0°/0°" option somewhere?
Thanks ahead for the hints.
I am new to AE.
When i denoise with Neat Video (windows 7, AE CC 2018), the process stops after 38-39 secs. the video is 3:25 mns
I can't find where the limitation is set in AE.
Can someone help ?
As Rick said you can use Power Sphere script, you can also use CC Sphere and do some more or less complicated tweaking with it, you can also use free third party plugin called VC Orb from Video Copilot - here is a tutorial and link to download it:
VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals
but ... maby we have in midn something different that you have. So ... do you have some flat texture maps that you wish to wrap around sphere and rotate - then either mine or Rick answer will work good. Or do you have flat sphere/circle image that you wish to make into 3d and rotate?
If you are working in second scenario ... there is no way to fully rotate flat sphere ... you can mimic some soft movement but never full 3D rotation.
So please clarify that for us ... or show us image that you are working with - only then we will be able to tell you if and how you can achieve what you wish.
I already that and it didn't work - I highlighted the KF's (they turned blue) Copy, go up to other layer, Paste...and nothing.
Hard to answer if you do not give us more information or a few screenshots at least.
I've made a one-minute animation so far, still learning the program, though when I opened the saved document this morning I couldn't see the composition? I'm sure there's a quick way to fix this but I can't seem to figure it out lol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
You are in the layer editing mode,
double click on the composition’s name( scene test) from the projectpanel
one more way, you can go to window -> and select the comp's name from the menu ( it will be listed at the bottom )
if the effect uses key frames you can select the layer in the timeline and type “U.”
if gray key frames appear where the effect is ending you can click on them and drag them to the end of the composition.
Thanks guys. The open parameter in Powersphere looks like what I need it to do. It's basically a flat image on screen that folds/morphs into a globe. Thank you so much for your help. Hope this works.
Please make sure that your play head is in the location where you would like to paste the new keyframes.
It's not possible to just wait for projects to end before updating, as the projects never end (yay!) - therefore eventually just need to give it a go.
Dynamic Link definitely broken altogether. If I create a new 2019 file from AE and Premiere, it's still changing all the fonts. Too bad my company font isn't Minion or whatever it's using, I'd be fine.
Downgrading back to an older version and waiting for this to be fixed, as my fix.
The video comes directly from my DSLR. The denoise with neat video is the first action I do.
The comp is set to 4:00 mns.
The process starts and runs fairly slowly (<1frames per sec), then it stops denoising and plays in a never ending loop the 38secs denoised.
I am not sure what i should provide as screen shots, since there are no error msgs.
Except the keyframes, do you know anything else that could stop such process ?
I did that too - put it right on the same frame of the first KF you see below. No luck.
Have any of the After Effects versions been changed so that the amount you can zoom isn't reduced as the resolution of the footage goes up? Surely that's a bug or at least not a very well thought out feature. Features shouldn't get reduced to 0 as resolution increases (eg. if you created a 30Kx30K comp you wouldn't be able to zoom at all). Surely you should be able to fine tune the pixels whatever resolution you're working at. Surely the composition size shouldn't restrict it in this way. Or are they going to update it so it works the same or more the same in all resolutions (eg. why should working at 4K, 8K or higher have less features - other than that's the way AE currently works/stores things in memory?)?
Comp size restricts the Magnification Factor Max value because those new pixels have to be calculated from all of the layers in the comp.
Standard 1080 HD : 1600%
SD 720: 3200%
320 X 160: 1600%
And all of that makes perfect sense.
Pixel peeping is a lousy way to judge video anyway. The only real test to see if something is working is to watch it at full speed and full resolution. If it is OK there, then watch it scaled down to make sure YouTubers and folks with Smart Phones can still see enough detail to understand what is going on in the story.
So how would you recommend that I get the two formats I need? Please ensure your method is scalable to 20, 30, 50 or more elements / deliverables that may or may not have audio. For your reference, I need at least 2 outputs for each element / deliverable: 1x MP4, 1x MOV at 16BPC CineForm. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Render your Cineform file from After Effects, then transcode your MP4 from that.