- RSS Channel Showcase 4432937
- RSS Channel Showcase 8310439
- RSS Channel Showcase 2738351
- RSS Channel Showcase 6122400
Articles on this Page
- 12/04/18--14:06: _Re: Time out obtain...
- 12/04/18--14:09: _Re: rendering
- 12/04/18--14:22: _Re: rendering
- 12/04/18--14:32: _Re: 3D Text Effects...
- 12/04/18--14:45: _Re: [Overclocking C...
- 12/04/18--14:58: _AE Ram Preview slow...
- 12/04/18--15:11: _Re: rendering
- 12/04/18--15:18: _Re: AE Ram Preview ...
- 12/04/18--15:32: _Re: [Overclocking C...
- 12/04/18--15:33: _Re: AE Ram Preview ...
- 12/04/18--15:50: _Re: AE Ram Preview ...
- 12/04/18--16:15: _Paralax issue when ...
- 12/04/18--16:37: _Re: After Effects k...
- 12/04/18--16:47: _Re: After Effects k...
- 12/04/18--16:53: _After Effects Crash...
- 12/04/18--18:36: _Motion Tracking on ...
- 12/04/18--19:08: _Re: Time out obtain...
- 12/04/18--19:13: _separate tracking c...
- 12/04/18--20:04: _Re: separate tracki...
- 12/04/18--20:15: _Re: separate tracki...
- 12/04/18--14:06: Re: Time out obtaining dynamiclink server connection
- 12/04/18--14:09: Re: rendering
- 12/04/18--14:22: Re: rendering
- 12/04/18--14:32: Re: 3D Text Effects not showing.
- 12/04/18--14:45: Re: [Overclocking CPU] OC 1 Core or All-Cores?
- 12/04/18--14:58: AE Ram Preview slow even after PC upgrades
- 12/04/18--15:11: Re: rendering
- 12/04/18--15:18: Re: AE Ram Preview slow even after PC upgrades
- 12/04/18--15:32: Re: [Overclocking CPU] OC 1 Core or All-Cores?
- 12/04/18--15:33: Re: AE Ram Preview slow even after PC upgrades
- 12/04/18--15:50: Re: AE Ram Preview slow even after PC upgrades
- 12/04/18--16:15: Paralax issue when tracking text
- 12/04/18--16:37: Re: After Effects keeps shutting down
- 12/04/18--16:47: Re: After Effects keeps shutting down
- 12/04/18--16:53: After Effects Crashes when opening a Specific Project
- 12/04/18--18:36: Motion Tracking on Cartoons
- 12/04/18--19:08: Re: Time out obtaining dynamiclink server connection
- 12/04/18--19:13: separate tracking circle from video onto it's own layer
- 12/04/18--20:04: Re: separate tracking circle from video onto it's own layer
- 12/04/18--20:15: Re: separate tracking circle from video onto it's own layer
Actually, I remember this fault from earlier versions.
The tracker / stabilizer doesn't work with certain types of media. When I convert .mov the stabilizer works fine.
So check with different codecs.
Read up on rendering. Large file sizes and sluggish playback are normal for Lossless video formats and that is the default rendering option for After Effects. If you want files you can share, use the Adobe Media Encoder to render H.264 MP4 files using one of the presets for YouTube or Vimeo.
Video has standards and until you are an expert please use the presets for comp size and rendering. To learn how After Effects works start here: Basic AE
Just poking around in the UI and watching a few amateur YouTube tutorials is almost always a complete waste of your time.
thank you for your time.
info video 1-
quicktime movie -size 364 MB in Ae - codecs H.264 - duration 5 mi and 09 sec. Can not find Resolution
Video 2- 1.4 meg on disk AE -codecs H.264 - duration - 06 sec AE 08 sec.
7 jpg pics (stills) all 72 ppi - 21.444 in x 28.444 in - duration 2min 45sec
1psd still 4.9 mb 72 ppi.
frame rate 15 - res 1/3 667x 667 1.7 mb per 8bpc frame
duratiion 0:05:06:10 ?
actual timeline 28 minutes
final render was so big I had to delete it. for me scary but it was causing some flags to appear telling me I needed more memory. I am a novice at this video programing. I am 73 and trying to upgrade.
Stability is more important. Professionals in the video industry do not overclock a workstation in the same way gamers do. It's just not worth it.
Sup everyone, I recently upgraded my PC to possibly get a smoother AE preview experience, yet it still previews video for a second then slows it down dramatically with sound slow as well. I am only using 30% of my RAM but it's not cashing by itself. I have to move the timebar around to get it to become green so i can preview it. and one I edit something, the green bar goes away without it wiping the memory taken so then I have to manually purge the memory over and over again.
I can post a video if it will further help with this issue. Thanks in advance.
My PC specs:
CPU: Intel i7 8700k clocked to 4.9Ghz
Ram: 32G DDR4 3200mhz
GPU: GTX 1060 SC 3G
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 500G and upgrading in a couple days to 970 Evo m.2
thank you Rick for your advice I actually don't like you tub tutorial much so I don't go there but I do use the guides and do start at the basics after a few wrong turns at the beginning of a new program. I did look at the media encoder but did not try it. I will try it now and will let you know if it solved the problem. tomorrow
That sounds like pretty normal behavior for AE. To get a real-time preview, think about reducing the comp window size to 50% or less, and the comp window resolution to Half or less. If you're only interested in part of the comp, create a Region of Interest. Preview in short segments -- maybe 10 seconds max by establishing a work area.
AE has a bunch of ways to speed up previews, and you'll find them in the Views and Previews part of AE Help. The one tip you can ignore -- hitting the space bar. Just don't do it.
Which CPU do professionals (that focus on AE SPECIFICALLY) use?
Also, I'm stuck with what I have and need to make the best out of my current set up... unfortunately :\
Could you recommend anything in my specific case? I mean, I could run at 3.6 GHz STOCK on all 8 cores but I think I can push those numbers and find stability in what I wish to accomplish with AE.
I have the resolution set to half and comp. size to 50% and it still doe that. It used to buff by itself within the work area that Im working on. now I have to manually drag the curser around to get it to render so I can preview it. maybe I messed up one of the setting by mistake. I'll look through the help center more. thanks.
Also, is there a way for AE to automatically purge memory after I edit anything in the project or do I have to always keep track of my memory usage and manually purge it so that the project doesn't keep crashing on me?
I am new to AE and of course to tracking text but I have a need for this in a few of my projects so I need to know how to control it. I can set up the 3D Camera tracking on my footage, find the correct plane, add text but then the text seems to always want to show up way off screen and the wrong size. I know I can make adjustments to the orientation and text size but I want to understand why it is doing this. Also, when I run the clip right after I create the text layer it seems to track just fine. But after I move the text to the place where it needs to be in the clip, the tracking still works but the text moves at a different rate than the ground it is supposed to be attached to, or appear that it is attached to. Why is this?
In case I am not explaining this correctly, here is a video of what is happening.
Glad to hear that things seem to be working. I'll take a look and see if I can replicate the crash you were running into.
The basic tutorials here at Adobe are a good way to get started, aside from the stumble you found.
LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com) and has some great structured, self-paced courses for learning AE.
If you really want to get serious, you could take a scheduled online course, like After Effects Kickstart.
Welcome to AE!
Ae is going to be a lot of fun!
Sent from my iPhone
Hello everyone and first of all thank you for your time!
I'm working since yesterday on a After Effects Project for a university submission. The file never gave me any headaches and I could open/close it multiple times without any problems. I was at "almost" finished point, rendered it to showcase to my groupmates and shut down my computer for a couple hours - when I came back to finish the last touches After Effects began giving me problems: Each time I try to open this particular project it crashes.
Then I thought It was that I haven't updated my AE in a while, did that and same thing happened.
I had a old version of macOS Sierra so I updated it again, but didn't get any results.
Went on the internet and read about Purging "Disk Cache and Memory" (which I never did since I downloaded AE, and got rid of a lot of GB worth of stuff) but again I had the same problem.
Then lastly I tried to open a couple AutoSaves I had but it crashes every single time. Again, this only happens with this particular project - the other ones (although aren't as heavy) work just fine and before the shut down of the computer I didn't stumble in any problem.
My Macbook info:
The whole message is extremely long but if need I can post it!
Thank you to anyone for your time, it's really appreciated!
Hello, I am fairly new to mocha AE. I was wondering if it’s possible to have motion tracking on a cartoon or any type of animation?
Checked thousands times.
I'm really stumped as to how I can have a cursor tracker following the path of a time-lapse drawing. As you can see on the attached screen cap, the cursor circle (yellow at the bottom) is on the same layer as the drawing. Is there a fairly simple way to separate it onto it's own layer in After Effects or some other video editing program? I would really appreciate any advice.
Hi. One way:
Precompose the image/ add Keylight and key out the yellow/ create a yellow solid, move to below the image/ set the solid's track matte to Alpha Inverted - you will now have the dot only.
In your main comp place the precomp above your image (on your original image add the Change To Color effect and set the 'From' Color to the yellow and change the 'Change' setting to Hue Lightness and Saturation - the yellow dot will now be white (disappear).
Thank you so much Towerguy, I'm a newbie so not sure what any of this means but it will set me in the right direction. I really appreciate it!