Articles on this Page
- 12/22/18--22:19: _I accidentally trim...
- 12/22/18--22:41: _After Effects Laptop
- 12/22/18--23:05: _Re: After Effects L...
- 12/22/18--23:26: _Re: I accidentally ...
- 12/23/18--04:38: _Re: When is Adobe g...
- 12/23/18--06:30: _Re: Dynamic Link AE...
- 12/23/18--06:31: _Re: After Efffects ...
- 12/23/18--06:51: _strange behavior of...
- 12/23/18--09:46: _Re: After Effects L...
- 12/23/18--09:55: _Can't Drag And Drop...
- 12/23/18--10:13: _Re: Can't Drag And ...
- 12/23/18--10:20: _Re: After Effects L...
- 12/23/18--10:25: _Re: strange behavio...
- 12/23/18--10:47: _odd boxes on side o...
- 12/23/18--11:18: _Re: odd boxes on si...
- 12/23/18--12:06: _installation failed...
- 12/23/18--12:20: _Re: installation fa...
- 12/23/18--12:25: _Re: installation fa...
- 12/23/18--13:03: _Re: Can't Drag And ...
- 12/23/18--13:20: _Re: I accidentally ...
- 12/22/18--22:19: I accidentally trimmed my composition
- 12/22/18--22:41: After Effects Laptop
- 12/22/18--23:05: Re: After Effects Laptop
- 12/22/18--23:26: Re: I accidentally trimmed my composition
- 12/23/18--06:30: Re: Dynamic Link AE Premiere broken CC 2019
- 12/23/18--06:31: Re: After Efffects hanging at 'Inititialising MediaCore'
- 12/23/18--06:51: strange behavior of the Mask path while keyframing the path (Bug?)
- 12/23/18--09:46: Re: After Effects Laptop
- 12/23/18--09:55: Can't Drag And Drop To Project Pane
- 12/23/18--10:13: Re: Can't Drag And Drop To Project Pane
- 12/23/18--10:20: Re: After Effects Laptop
- 12/23/18--10:47: odd boxes on side of video?
- 12/23/18--11:18: Re: odd boxes on side of video?
- 12/23/18--12:06: installation failed error
- 12/23/18--12:20: Re: installation failed error
- 12/23/18--12:25: Re: installation failed error
- 12/23/18--13:03: Re: Can't Drag And Drop To Project Pane
- 12/23/18--13:20: Re: I accidentally trimmed my composition
I noticed that the beginning of my composition started at 20 seconds. I didn’t realize i trimmed my composition but I couldn’t undo it. I am wondering if there’s a way to revert this so i can get the first 20 seconds back.
Hello, I'm going to buy a laptop with this processor: Intel Core i7 8550U 1.80 GHz
and RAM: 8 GB
SSD: 256 GB
Will I be able to download and work with After Effects?
You can find minimal requirements here: After Effects System Requirements
But you have to remember that those are minimal requirements and it will give you ability to instal and star AE and make some really basic works - anything more complicated will by really hard with those specs.
It depends what happened. Is only your composition have trimmed begining of composition (time starts not on 0 time/frame) but you have all of your footage and layers as you should - not trimmed. If that is the case - you don't have to do anything.
But if you need time to star on 0 go to Comoposition/Composition Settings and change Start timecode to 0
If in your case your layers/footage is trimmed you have to just move those layers to begining of your composition.
I don't have the AVG antivirus. I have tried disabling my Windows Defender firewall and antivirus but that didn't help. I have gone into the permissions folder (there was never a tick on the read-only) and have unmarked the black square and applied to all the folders. The square comes back immediately as I open the preferences box again. That didn't solve the issue and my Premiere Pro 2019 just won't launch. Restarting computer seems to be working so far but of course I wouldn't want to have to do that every time to just launch Premiere. Any thoughts?
Hold down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you launch AE and you will get a pop-up panel with the option to delete your preferences. This is much easier than trying to find the preferences folder and delete the file there.
Anti-virus software can also cause problems.
Hello guys, i'm hoping that someone here can help me. I'm desperately trying to do a mask-out-transition between 2 clips. I can't tell why the damn masking especially the keyframing isn't working.
Here is my problem:
1. This is my selected clip. I pick the pen tool and draw a mask into the frame. Then I click "inverted" to cut out the area within the mask.
2. I click on the stopwatch to get a keyframe for that mask path
3. I move the playhead 1 frame backwards to set another keyframe...
4. I set the keyframe and adjust the mask path so it fits to the new frame
5. when i now move the playhead 1 frame forwards again to the previous frame, although the path is still on the right place, the actual mask is not! The actual mask has the size of the other frame wich was last edited. would i move on and edit frame by frame backwards, the actual mask size would always stick to the last keyframe i've edited.
I would be so happy when someone could tell me what the hell is going on here.
Actually if you can but I do not recommend it, it is very basic if you want to dedicate yourself to After Effects, make a small effort and buy a better system. With more RAM, more clock speed in the processor (1.8GHz is very little) and especially a good GPU.
After updating to 16.0.1, I can't drag and drop files anymore from Windows Explorer to the project pane in AE. I need to go through FIle-Import. Anyone having this problem?
Are you starting AE as administrator or normally. If AE is opened in admin mode (i guess you are on windows) you can't drag n' drop.
That is OS restriction not Adobe.
And to work with video footage 256 GB is also not enough so it would be good to think about larger space or some efficient external SSD/HDD for storage.
So as I've said earlier. Those specs meet only minimial requirements - but there is long road ahead to reach comfortable or optimal specs for AE.
That's normal behavior. You don't see the mask on every frame unless the layer's Mask is highlighted in the timeline. If it isn't, you will only see it on a mask keyframe.
If you wish to hide those yoiu have to press shift+ctrl+h on your keyboard.
Those boxes mean that your footage (i guess video) is larger than size of your composition. that is why you see those boxes but you can see/render only that part of your footage that fits your composition resolution.
What should I do if my computer says the 32-bit program should be 64-bit? ! !
Well it means you installed a 32bits program and are on a 64 bits system. May I guess: Mac OS?
Please include your OS and version in your request, as our Chrishall balls are currently on vacation.;-)
64 bit yüklü ve bilgisayarım 32 bit ne yapmalıyım? Windows 10
imeilfx That doesn't seem right? At best it seems backwards? I can start AE using an Admin account and drag and drop and I can (rightclick and) ,run as administrator, and drag and drop. I don't understand why having higher user-rights will give you less control?
AE 16.0.1 / Win10