Articles on this Page
- 12/31/18--17:20: _Cannot update to CC...
- 12/31/18--17:24: _Re: odd boxes on si...
- 12/31/18--17:25: _Re: Cannot update t...
- 12/31/18--18:05: _Re: odd boxes on si...
- 12/31/18--18:09: _Re: After effects c...
- 12/31/18--19:07: _Re: Illustrator lay...
- 12/31/18--19:23: _Re: odd boxes on si...
- 12/31/18--23:18: _Re: AE track text m...
- 12/31/18--23:34: _Re: AE Composition ...
- 01/01/19--01:05: _Re: After effects c...
- 01/01/19--01:07: _Re: Cannot update t...
- 01/01/19--01:10: _Re: WHY ISN'T AFTER...
- 01/01/19--01:22: _Re: WHY ISN'T AFTER...
- 01/01/19--01:58: _Re: WHY ISN'T AFTER...
- 01/01/19--05:56: _Re: After Effects w...
- 01/01/19--05:57: _why isn't mbl working?
- 01/01/19--06:22: _AE rendering sudden...
- 01/01/19--06:38: _Re: why isn't mbl w...
- 01/01/19--07:15: _Re: Advanced Lens C...
- 01/01/19--07:36: _Re: Cannot update t...
- 12/31/18--17:20: Cannot update to CC 2019
- 12/31/18--17:24: Re: odd boxes on side of video?
- 12/31/18--17:25: Re: Cannot update to CC 2019
- 12/31/18--18:05: Re: odd boxes on side of video?
- 12/31/18--18:09: Re: After effects current time indicator and playhead
- 12/31/18--19:07: Re: Illustrator layers lost their content in After Effects
- 12/31/18--19:23: Re: odd boxes on side of video?
- 12/31/18--23:18: Re: AE track text moving shot
- 12/31/18--23:34: Re: AE Composition Screen Freezes After Certain Actions...
- 01/01/19--01:05: Re: After effects current time indicator and playhead
- 01/01/19--01:07: Re: Cannot update to CC 2019
- 01/01/19--01:10: Re: WHY ISN'T AFTER EFFECTS INSTALLING?
- 01/01/19--01:22: Re: WHY ISN'T AFTER EFFECTS INSTALLING?
- 01/01/19--01:58: Re: WHY ISN'T AFTER EFFECTS INSTALLING?
- 01/01/19--05:57: why isn't mbl working?
- 01/01/19--06:22: AE rendering suddenly so slow
- 01/01/19--06:38: Re: why isn't mbl working?
- 01/01/19--07:15: Re: Advanced Lens Corrections
- 01/01/19--07:36: Re: Cannot update to CC 2019
Hey! I have tried to update to After Effects CC 2019, but it just won't work and I don't have a version for it either.
Im on Windows 7!
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Hi, yes changing your composition size will show all of the video and get rid of the boxes. I think we're all confused, what are you finally doing with your video (why is it in a square shaped composition)? To get your video to show at its correct size, frame rate etc. go to your project widow (upper left where the video is listed) select it and drag it onto the little rectangular icon next to the "8 pc" text at the bottom of the window. A new composition will open with all the correct settings.
Please just drag and drop your screenshots directly into the comment field. There's no need for a third party hosting site and many forum regulars will not follow external links to hosting sites.
Unless you are an expert at video formats, compression techniques and video standards you should not be setting up custom composition sizes.
The handles you are seeing are indicators of the alpha channel edges of the layers that are selected. They will not render.
I think it would be a very good idea if you spent several hours with the User Guide so you can figure out how the UI works and learn some of the basic principals of working with one of the most complex apps you will ever use. Please, for your good, start here: Basic AE
Ctrl/Cmnd + right arrow moves the CTI (current time indicator) one frame to the right. Ctrl/Cmnd + left arrow moves the CTI one frame to the left. Adding shift to the shortcut moves the CTI 10 frames at a time.
All of this info is in the User Guide. You should make yourself familiar with it. A couple of hours here: Basic AE will save you days of frustration.
Sadly, you have to save the file in previous version of Illustrator, like 10, and you will have no problems. In the newest versions it happens to me many times, I import an Illustrator file and some layers are empty. MEH.
Changing the size of your comp will not hide the layers bounding boxes they just will no longer extend beyond the X parameter of your composition. However you might not want to hide them because at times being able to see your layers bounding box is quick visual reference to know which layer you have selected. I would guess you have all three layers selected which is why you're seeing all three but I can't say for sure because I cannot see your layer panel... which leads to another point. It helps a lot when providing screenshots to include the entire interface. There's alot of little buttons and switches and other UI elements all over the interface that could prove useful to an experienced eye trying to troubleshoot your issues, so always provide full screenshots.
If you still do want to turn off the bounding boxes just go to the View menu and toggle off "Show Layer Controls". But I suggest you don't do that. They're useful to see and will not render.
Thats great. I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions - don't hasitate to ask.
I fixed the problem. It was caused by a program called Sonic Suite by ASUS.
Deleted that and it started working fine.
In the tutorial you see the playhead as green that mean it's cached on the ram and your's is blue so it's a disc cache,
so to get yours green also you must cash your frames before ram preview. so to do this follow the below image.
try to reinstall adobe creative cloud application than try to update.
i don't think Mojave is the issue in your case, i run all versions of after effect CC on Mojave with no issue.
can you post all your system spec?
Guys are right. This is not Mojave fault - probably. Send us exact specs of your machine or compare them with minimal AE requirements: After Effects System Requirements
CC 2018 and CC 2019 are fully compatible with Mojave.
There must be some other issue holding. up your installation.
What is your Macs spec?
Are you on a MBP or a Mac Pro
If you are on a Mac Pro 3.1 or lower that has been soft patched to run Mojave you will get the error you are experiencing.
Please let me know the Mac spec so I can advise further
i,m using Windows 10
After effects CC 2018 version 15.1
i cant install trial version of cc 2019
When i start PC , i got error cod C:drive error scan to fix . I scan my ssd drive and fix the problem.
Tomorrow i got error and can't run After Effects , Photoshop , illustrator and Media Encoder
I reinstall my Windows , and i only can install Photoshop , but when i try install After Effects i got error
hi! so after effects is working fine for me so far. i recently downloaded a plugin called "magic bullet looks" and everytime i drag it to my project, i click "edit.." and it crashes my whole after effects. ive tried to reinstall mbl but it just isnt working. any ideas?
I have a new problem with latest After Effects. Suddenly, on my iMac Pro rendering became so slow. I didn't make any changes in settings, 4K time-lapse (20 seconds sequence) project about two weeks ago rendered in less than a minute, now saying that rendering will take 57 minutes!?
What's going on?
Thanks in advance
BR to all of you, and happy new year!
You may want to try going to File/Project Settings and change the "Use" drop down on Video rendering and Effects to a different option and see if it behaves better.
I've had difficulty with the accelerators lately and this may help.
Is this what you are looking for?
Ok, and also I have tried to uninstall adobe creative cloud, and reinstall it, unistall after effects completely and re install it but it is still CC 2018. The drive I have it on also has over 500gb so memory cannot be the problem. Please help if anybody else knows whats going on.