Articles on this Page
- 01/13/19--14:17: _media encoder
- 01/13/19--14:25: _Re: Help with my Ma...
- 01/13/19--14:36: _Scratch disks + sto...
- 01/13/19--14:39: _Re: Help with my Ma...
- 01/13/19--14:52: _Re: Help with my Ma...
- 01/13/19--14:55: _Re: Help with my Ma...
- 01/13/19--15:19: _Re: Scratch disks +...
- 01/13/19--15:41: _How to export anima...
- 01/13/19--16:10: _Re: Shape Layers Pr...
- 01/13/19--16:48: _Re: Green/Pink prev...
- 01/13/19--16:47: _Re: Looking for a W...
- 01/13/19--17:58: _Why cant you import...
- 01/13/19--18:22: _Just bought a £5k i...
- 01/13/19--18:27: _Re: Particles with ...
- 01/13/19--18:53: _Re: Why cant you im...
- 01/13/19--18:54: _Re: Particles with ...
- 01/13/19--19:08: _Re: Particles with ...
- 01/13/19--19:59: _Scrubbing in AE wit...
- 01/13/19--20:10: _Re: Scrubbing in AE...
- 01/13/19--20:30: _Re: Composition win...
- 01/13/19--14:17: media encoder
- 01/13/19--14:25: Re: Help with my Mac Pro Set-up for 3D Rendering in After Effects
- 01/13/19--14:36: Scratch disks + storage ideas
- 01/13/19--14:39: Re: Help with my Mac Pro Set-up for 3D Rendering in After Effects
- 01/13/19--14:52: Re: Help with my Mac Pro Set-up for 3D Rendering in After Effects
- 01/13/19--14:55: Re: Help with my Mac Pro Set-up for 3D Rendering in After Effects
- 01/13/19--15:19: Re: Scratch disks + storage ideas
- 01/13/19--16:10: Re: Shape Layers Problem
- 01/13/19--16:48: Re: Green/Pink preview screen
- 01/13/19--16:47: Re: Looking for a Way To Taper Path
- 01/13/19--17:58: Why cant you import Motion graphics template directly!!??
- 01/13/19--18:22: Just bought a £5k iMacPro and AE still unusable
- 01/13/19--18:27: Re: Particles with synthesia
- 01/13/19--18:53: Re: Why cant you import Motion graphics template directly!!??
- 01/13/19--18:54: Re: Particles with synthesia
- 01/13/19--19:08: Re: Particles with synthesia
- 01/13/19--19:59: Scrubbing in AE with Distorted Anamorphic RED Footage.
- 01/13/19--20:10: Re: Scrubbing in AE with Distorted Anamorphic RED Footage.
- 01/13/19--20:30: Re: Composition window empty/not updating - AE CC 2019
...is anyone having problems with aftereffects/media encoder
my mp4 are coming out soft??
Thanks Mo Moolla Yes it's a very basic example and sure you can do a lot more tuning and controller
Hi, so I edit some music videos and I currently have a 1tb hdd and a 250gb ssd that I use for all video editing, I was wondering how I could improve my storage setup. I would probably want a ssd for scratch disks but cheap as possible (100-200gb). Then there is the media files + auto save. So my ideas are:
100gb scratch disks + auto save
500gb raid 0 ssds media
100gb scratch + auto save
Raid 0 scratch disks
My main questiom therefore is which requires the most ssd speed, scratch disks or the imported media, and would I see a difference over having 1 ssd.
OussK keep up the great work buddy. Lots of newcomers to AE will enjoy these simple breakdowns
Thanks! Will have to get work to pay for C4D!
This is really really helpful! I am trying to learn this stuff as fast as possible on the job with some tight deadlines and my render times were really making things rough. I wasn't even thinking about going to route at all, but it is so much more efficient.
The concept of Scratch Disks -- i.e. the default location where media in a video editing project are stored -- does NOT apply in After Effects. Footage imported into AE is not created all over again -- it's just pointers to the footage, wherever it's located.
For AE, an SSD is good for previewing -- SSD's are faster.
I've exported animations from After Effects before using the H264 codec, 1920 X 1080 and lossless settings, but when exporting as an mp4 a lot of the colors and quality change. I tried exporting directly from After Effects a mov file and that seems to be a little bit closer to what it actually looks like in After Effects, but not entirely the same. My main issue is that I want to post these animations on YouTube, so not only is the exported mp4 or mov file a bit saturated, but then YouTube further saturates the file. See images below for what I'm talking about...
Can anyone please suggest the best output settings for animations with vibrant colors? These animations are created by using shape layer in After Effects, is there a way to keep the colors and quality the exact same as what I'm doing in After Effects after I export and on YouTube?
MP4: (why are the color of the eyes so different?)
MOV: (better, but the glow around his eyes is very blurry when you expand...)
YouTube: (more saturated and pixelated, you can tell by looking at the eyes and it may not seem obvious, but trust me when you expand to full screen you can really tell...)
Thank you. it did fix the issue.
WHAT SOLUTION I NEED ONE PLEASE RESPOND!!
Understanding the Adobe cloud libraries are an excellent way of quickly sharing assets, importing Motion graphics templates only via the cloud libraries or specific template folder is so counter intuitive to the way file management has worked in the past.
Please adobe can we have an ordinary browse or import function for these templates so as I can template entire edits and have them travel with the project folder ect. between machines.
Essential graphics and templating to this degree is an excellent addition but can Adobe PLEASE properly initiate new features after proper testing, this to me is a given. I am pretty sure I speak for most users that we are sick to death with updating and stumbling across bugs or lack lustre features such as this missing vital workflow behaviour.
Does adobe Alpha and Beta test??
As I will do as I have in the past, I will stay with older software for at least six months before adopting new versions.
Am I alone here?
I spent £5k on an iMac Pro yesterday and stilling having major performance issues.
I on a tight deadline trying to deliver work to a client and AE is basically unusable at this point. At best, when it does function I am editing at half or quarter speed.
I have tried all the different Preview & resolution settings I can get my hands on, read all the article and watched all the videos. Previews and even repositioning objects is still unbelievably slow. The most disconcerting things is that even with the green line fully loaded my animations & videos are still playing back at half speed. I'm mainly using simple transform keyframes and Animation Composer title effects in this project. Nothing special!
As last resort (I have read some of the guys here mention this) I am going to downgrade to CC 2017. Though I hear anything above CC12 is significantly heavier (and this comes from a Windows friend, not Mac).
If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I find myself in a really sticky situation not being able to turn out work for a client.
It would also be great of one of Adobe’s staff could officially respond to this issues as I have seen it splashed about the internet on different threads. Is this a bug???
More info on my setup:
-I was using a 2014 MBP 15" with 16BG RAM (thought this was the issue so significantly upgraded my machine to ensure performance)
-I went out yesterday and spent £5k on an iMac pro to try and resolve this issues and it has barely made a dent (green line just caches a little faster than my old MBP) - base model;
-8 core, 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB, 1TB HD
-I have a SATA SSD running over USB 3 (this shouldn’t matter the connection isn’t that fast as AE is telling me that footage is caching so it should be ready for realtime playback)
-Assets and project files on a 2TB WD My Passport Ultra.
-I'm running latest version of AE 16.0.1 on High Sierra. Was running same version on OS Mojave on my laptop and had exactly the same performance issues.
Do you know how to make the delay effect of the particles?
Now I made the particles work when the bars hit the top of the keyboard but particles appear only when the bar hits the keyboard and when the bar disappears completely also the particles disappear immediately.
I would like to set the particles keep appearing also after the bars completely disappeared under the keyboard.
Does anyone know what I should set to get it?
Does adobe Alpha and Beta test??
You want to see a Beta tester? Go look in the mirror.
When you rent Adobe software, you become an unwitting member of its Unpaid Beta Tester Program.
Hi, set the Life longer.
I found the solution :
If you set the "Layer Sampling" to "Still" the particles life follows the bars life but if you set "Particle Birth Time" the particles life is independent from bars life.
Changing "Life/Sec" in "Particles" section doesn't work if you don't change the "Layer Sampling" to "Particle Birth Time".
I hope this can help other people interested.
Thank you Towerguy
I'm getting this weird glitch with RED Anamorphic footage, when I scrub through the timeline I get this weird slanted wrap around glitch shown below. Not sure what is happening with this. Now if I imported an exported ProRes version and re-import, it'll scrub perfectly fine.
When I stop scrubbing everything goes to how it should look. If I play the clip the footage plays normally. (As Shown Below)
Hope you guys can help,
Running AE CC 2019. I also tried CC 2017 for kicks and giggles and no improvement. Also I reinstalled AE with no improvements.
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0.17763
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver: 22.214.171.1245
GPU RAM: 8192MB
GPU Code: 0
CL0: GeForce GTX 1070 (100.0%) (GL Interop)
- Vincent Griffith
Opened again to try this, but it randomly started working again. If it happens again though I'll try that, thanks.